Old 07-01-10, 06:54 PM
rat fink
Iconoclast

Bikes: Colnago Super, Fuji Opus III, Specialized Rockhopper, Specialized Sirrus (road)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Paid A Visit To The Local Bike Co-Op Today...

I just found out about one that is in the next town. So, I thought I would make some donations so that I might be able to use their 'Bike Kitchen'. Well, they were so appreciative of the stuff I dropped off, that they said I could browse and see if there was any stuff I could use. Well, there was.

I walked away with:

- A new Modolo quill stem
- a few Shimano 8s and 9s cassettes; some new
- a set of DA 7700 crank arms
- some nice shimano and campy double chain rings
- a Nitto stem adapter quill
- new locking mtb grips
- a King stainless bottle cage
- a Specialized quill stem
- Time, SPD-R, Bianchi (?), and Mavic clipless (Look style with clip adapters and clips), road pedals . All nice, some new.
- Time mtb pedals! (I've been wanting some)
- a White Industries mtb freehub
- a few new Deore XT FDs
- a few Deore and Deore LX FDs and a new RD
- a new Sram X-5 FD
- a circa '89 58cm champagne Miyata 1000LT frameset.
- a new Specialized comp road stem that I needed to fix the fit on my Colnago
- a huge area of my garage and room cleaned up.

Anyway, this is pretty exciting. I am getting pretty close to doing away with all the extra parts and frames I don't need, and finishing the bikes that I've been wanting. When I go back later, I am going to look a little more thoroughly for stuff I can use to finish my projects. As funny as it might sound, the part of this transaction might be the stuff I was able to get rid of/donate to good cause rather than throw away or hoard. Not only that, I made some friends, and a local pro is helping me get my fit perfect on the Colnago, (a hard bike to setup if you don't know what it was intended for).

What do you think, my friends?