Old 07-02-10, 10:02 PM
Tulex
Junk Mile Junkie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by learnmedia
Your "some things are best left alone" position is a curious one. Do explain. So, the truth hurts? LA and JB should have to own it just as any others in the sport should have to. Are you saying that they're so big, they get a pass? Or that the good they've done, i.e. Livestrong, outpaces whatever wrongs they've done in the past? I'm trying to see your point but it eludes me completely.
Again, what good is it going to do the sport to nail people from the past? Why not focus on the present? It's not that people should get a free pass, it's about what good you are going to be doing. Does it serve more of a purpose to nail Lance than what his foundations serves presently? I don't see how, as I know people that have benefitted from the foundation, but can't see how anyone was harmed by his doping, if he indeed did. I can't see how nailing Lance is going to benefit the sport. The issue isn't that people used to dope, it's that they currently do, or so it is supposed. Going afer Lance isn't going to prove today's peole dope, or do a single thing to fix the problem if they are indeed doping.