Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 96 Posts
Touring on a Twenty...

Every now and then I have an overwhelming need to escape the confines of the city and most of the time I head south and come and spend a few days with my family... the babies (my great nephews and nieces) grow way too fast.

Was pondering what bike to ride and decided to leave the touring bike at home, almost took my vintage UO8, and then thought that my folder needed a shakedown ride.

Yesterday was 100 km of never ending hill climbs and wind so bad I had to pedal downhill and tomorrow is looking better for the next leg which will take me home before I head out for another week.

Since I have accommodation at both ends I did not need camping gear but figure the low riders will have to go on and that we will do that too.

Here's the little guy all dressed for the road...

Had to stop for some provisions here...

And then we got to see the countryside.

Used to ride down to this little river when I was a boy, before the pavement went in, and before they drained a lot of the marshes. The beavers have been busy and the deer was unconcerned with my presence. There were great blue herons and I could hear the chirp of amorous frogs and toads.

Bicycles need no rest stops... their riders do.

to be continued...