View Single Post
Old 07-07-10, 02:57 AM
xoxoxoxoLive

Bikes: 2013 TREK 7.6 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
I'm interested in other people's opinion on this..

I run 700 x 38c Kendra tires front and rear, a friend of mine used a calibration tool on the
same tires, and said they only measure out 34c. I can deal with the slipping around on rocky
gravel roads on the front. But when climbing steep hills off road the back starts spinning.
I'm doing about the same thing, 75 percent road, and 25 percent off road. It seems like you
have to make a trade off somewhere, when I was riding my Motobecane Hardtail Mountain
Bike, I could feel those knobs with every turn of the wheel. And the 38c seems much faster
on the light trails I ride, and do not feel anything going down the road. So I guess since
that most of my riding is on the road, I'm better off with the narrow tires, and no knobs, than the fewer
times the bigger (26 inch tall and wider tires ), would help. Just a trade off...I am Interested on everyones input.
The Motobecane was much more pricer, than the Schwinn Trailways, it had a 7005 Aluminum frame,
disk brakes, better d�railleurs, better forks, with more travel, and Quality over all...But the
Schwinn Hybrid with the narrow tires seems much faster, with less effort..and just as solid..