Old 07-10-10, 04:29 PM
Drip416

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tektro Vs. SNG (Stop N Go) Brake Calipers

Has anyone heard of SNG (I believe stands for "Stop N Go") brakes? I am looking for a long-reach nutted-bolt selt of calipers but don't want to order internationally from VeloOrange for the R556's retailing @ $72USD (I am living in Toronto, Canada). I've been informed that a local shop sells a pair of calipers by this company that incorporate a nutted bolt, are dual-pivot and have a 57-75mm reach, retailing for $30. I am assuming that they are of cheaper quality then the tektro R556 but could save me time and money as opposed to ordering from VO. Anyone heard of these or of the company that makes them?

Not usually one to settle for cheap parts, especially not for the project I am currently working on, which is primarily putting newer components on a classy vintage Italian frame. Just that I am a little short on cash at the moment and ordering internationally is such a pain!

ps. I just tried googling the company and could not find anything... very odd. Only thing I found was it being mentioned in a few posts on this site. The fact that I could not find a company website/profile is a tad suspicious!

Thanks for the advice!
Mark