View Single Post
Old 07-13-10, 01:29 PM
vincejohnston

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010 MS Waves to Wine

Hello all, I'm fairly new to riding, and I hope you can help me. I originally got into cycling to lose some weight, and as I became more fit decided it would be cool to ride a century. Well, it turns out a couple of friends are riding in the MS Waves to Wine event, September 29-30, so I decided to ride with them. Total ride is 175 miles, 100 first day and 75 second. In my training, I've gotten to the point that I can ride 50+ miles fairly easily, and I'm sure I'll ride a century before September. My concern comes in with the elevations involved. I've been working on hill repeats as much as I can, but I'm still not that great a climber. According to the ride map, there is ~4000 feet of climbing over the first day, but the highest hill is only ~800 feet. I'm not sure I understand the elevation percentages and all that, so will someone please look at the map, http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united...27569365746984 , and confirm for me I'm looking at a lot of rolling hills, as opposed to steep ride around Folsom lake hills? Thanks for the help, Vince