under18cyclists
JR^2

Bikes: 2004 giant ocr1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Keaston78
I've had this bike for about 1 month, it's a 2010 Fuji Newest 4.0. I know the components are bottom-shelf but I wasn't actually looking for a road bike at the time. The price was right on this one, and after taking it for a test ride - way more fun than the straight-handled sport hybrids I was looking at at the time - I decided to go for it. The bike shop was more of a deciding factor than anything in my purchase. It's a one-man operation and the guy rebuilds all of the bikes from the ground up, making sure all the bearings and whatnot are properly sealed and lubed. Free tuneups for the life of the bike ain't bad either. The guy is very nice but a little off his rocker (in a good way!). Anyway, it's nothing special compared to some of the hardware here but it is the bike that's gotten me into road cycling and will always have a special place in my heart. I've been learning a lot, biking a lot and spending a lot on bike stuff but so far it's all been a blast. I take her out every day for 10-12 miles and on weekends for about 30 miles along the Erie Canal trail.

I know where you got that bike. I've been there once.