View Single Post
Old 07-16-10, 02:40 PM
zzOtherlandzz

Bikes: 2011 Rocky Mountain Vertex 29'r, 2007 Trek 1500 -- 2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara -- 2006 Gary Fisher Tassajara Disc (converted to touring bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The wind was my friend today.... FINALLY!! Got out for a sort of morning ride today. I think I started riding at 9:30ish. I got the camera mounted on the road bike and took off. I got to my usual turn around spot at the "resting rock" and decided I wanted to keep riding. I didn't even stop at the resting rock... lol Slight headwind breeze not really much at all. I ended up riding south on SR19 south of Palatka towards the barge canal. This was my longest ride in a LONG time.. 32.63 miles. I got a nice tail wind all the way home from the resting rock (about 9 miles). About half way home I had to put the camera away because it started sprinkling. It never did rain, but it sure looked like it was going to.

Great ride.... felt good almost the whole way... Glad of the tail wind for the home stretch though....

1st pic: The sign at the entrance to the Buckman Lock Trail Head.
2nd pic: Just a nice road leading over to SR19 (from SR20).
3rd pic: The gates leading into the Buckman Lock trail head picnic area.
4th pic: Where I took a rest...
5th pic: The now closed welcome center at the trail head. At least there is still drinkable water in the picnic area. Last time I checked the bathrooms were locked up though

buckman.lock.st.johns.trailhead..jpgnice.road.leading.towards.sr19..jpggates.at.buckman.lock.trail.head..jpgtake.a.rest.buckman.trail.head..jpgclosed.office.at.buckman.lock.trailhead..jpg