Old 04-29-05, 02:28 PM
cyclezealot

Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts
[QUOTE=Orikal]I rarely drove a car when I lived in SD, but every time I did it absolutely grated my nerves. And if anything remotely resembling water fell from the skies, forget it; your commute time just tripled.

I understand that it doesn't rain much, but seriously, come on. I remember whenever a light mist would accumulate some mornings, I'd be guaranteed to see at least 1 flipped car on my 12 mile commute from UTC to Poway.

Orikal..you probably had to commute out the 52 to Poway. Unlike LA, San Diego does not have mulitple layers of freeways running in each direction..and to top it off...in the far out suburbs, there are no alternative surface roads..w/o the I-15 there would be no inland access to San Diego..
Last Tuesday in going to a doctors office, I tried...I paid for my adventure off the 15 seeking alternative routes.. Rancho Bernardo Blvd. was backed up like 2 miles to access back onto the freeway..Every time a cyclists passed me by, I was doubly enraged...Took about 20 minutes to get back on the freeway..
But, about the reasons for so much delay on rainy days..-misty most places.-the motorists are as impatient and rude as ever. I try to convince my wife stay back about 8 cars lengths because of motorists cutting you off..four times yesterday, I had to apply my brakes to avoid a crash. There were crashes all over the town..But then..even on a normal commute day..this same 60 mile trip..You better plan on at least 2 hours 15 minutes..You go in the middle of the night say, in light traffic..One hour. I think that is crazy.
If only had a way to put my bike on a train from this direction..I would be a happy person.