Old 07-17-10, 10:34 PM
mr9iron

Bikes: '85 Peugeot Triathlon, '92 DeRosa Nuovo Classico, '93 DeRosa Titanio, '00 DeRosa Neo Pro, '00 Gary Fisher Marlin, '14 Cervelo R3, '14 Focus Mares

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BengeBoy
Hi, I was out for a ride the other day and ran into the guy who makes Banana Boy frames in the Seattle area. We got to chatting and he said something about being the mentor to a group of beginning Seattle frame builders who get together once in a while to share tips, practice skills, etc. You may have heard of him -- he used to be a welder for Bill Davidson, left many years ago to get a "day job" but still makes frames under the "Banana Boy" label.

I didn't get a lot of detail (we were riding several miles together).

He doesn't have a website but you can track down name, number, etc. on Google - he's mentioned on a couple of online directories of framebuilders. Use "Bellevue" as the location to help your search.

Also, R&E Cycles offers classes in brazing, Ti-g-welding and framebuilding, according to their website. www.rodcycle.com.
Wow! thanks for the tip, I found the address and if it is right, he lives in the same neighbor hood as I do. I'll take a little bike ride by there and see if there is anything he'd be willing to show me.

Thanks a lot!

Jeff