Old 04-30-05, 01:52 AM
Raiyn
I drink your MILKSHAKE

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by alanbikehouston
- Not one credible witness has ever reported seeing someone attempt to steal a bike using a BIC pen.
Since when do you have access to all the bicycle theft files for every jusidiction? Or access to anyones warranty claims information? Oh wait you don't.

- Not one police investigation has concluded that a BIC pen was used to take a bike (for example...the bike is gone, and left behind is a lock with a BIC pen sticking out of it.
Again where do you get your facts, Personally I wouldn't leave my "tool" for the cops to find. Much better to make the owner look stupid.

But, as with other internet myths, the one about BIC pens will last forever. Myths are always more interesting than the boring truth.
No myth Sparky http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/kryptonite.asp
And, as mentioned in the "Flat Key" thread, the new flat key design has a "flaw" that has more day to day impact on owners than the BIC deal ever did.
If you're too dumb to know that you should not to force a key in a lock I can't help you

The flat key design has seven to ten metal plates inside the keyway. All of them must be perfectly aligned. When one plate gets out of alignment with the others, your key will turn, but you will not be able to unlock your bike.
Insert and wiggle not a hard concept

THAT problem has an "easy" fix, but the existence of that problem has caused more than one person to wish they could "exchange" their NEW Kryptonite for their OLD Kryptonite.
Utterly laughable.