Standalone 
The Drive Side is Within

Bikes: Road, Cargo, Tandem, Etc.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Baboo
I ride an Bike Friday NWT a lot and it of course has 20" wheels using an 8 speed cassette with 34 teeth as low gear, the distance from the long cage derailleur to the ground scared me a lot but after several thousand miles it has never caused a problem, I think it could if used off road but I don't use it that way. Before I spent money changing the rear gearing I would wait until it caused a problem. The 20 wheel with 36 spokes is incredibly strong and seems like a great idea on the rear of a cargo bike.
Good luck with your new bike it looks like a very useful tool.

Allen
Great to hear. I'm definitely not going to go putting money into changing things around unless it becomes a real rather than hypothetical problem.

There's a youtube video out there of someone riding stairs and curbs and so on on his Madsen.

I'm a folder fan myself. I was wondering if the ideal cargo bike might actually be an overbuilt folder or break-down bicycle. Cargo bikes are ideal for cities, yet hard to store in cities. I've lived in New York City, and would not have had room for this bike in my apartment. Well, I had 3 pianos in there, so I guess it's all a matter of priority!

I had considered trying an Xtracycle conversion on my Espresso and seeing if I could still get it on the train in the morning...