Old 07-23-10, 02:16 PM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4256 Post(s)
Liked 1,354 Times in 940 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
Look on Craigslist; I picked up a pair of shoes with "training wheel" cleats ( three motions unhook you instead of one ) which I'd ideally like to replace with normal ones, and pedals, for $75. I gave the pedals to a friend, but felt it was a pretty good price for a pair of nice shoes with cleats. You might find a deal there ... and you might prefer the cleats that let you twist right, left, or just pull back.
You can buy those type of Shimano SPD cleats and use them on any compatible shoe.

Originally Posted by vautrain
I like dual-sided pedals, but there is a price to pay in the form of more fussing/time it takes to clip in.
I don't follow this. It's easy to clip into the double sided pedals. The double sided MTB pedals do require you you special shoes (maybe that's what you are talking about). There are combo platform/cleated MTB pedals (the "one sided" type) that allow you to use normal shoes.

Originally Posted by lawrencehare
I must note however that getting the right side is really no problem, most of the time they gravitate to clipless-up and when they are not, you can feel the difference and whip them around. So that is not a problem.
Some may orient themselves better than others. My experience is that I'm faster clipping into my double-sided pedals than most other people with the one sided pedals.

Last edited by njkayaker; 07-23-10 at 02:32 PM.