View Single Post
Old 07-24-10, 10:20 AM
Brad Bedell

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by juggleaddict
. . . man, I was raging yesterday . . . hmm . . .

I'm actually pretty sorry about that
You shouldn't be sorry, nor did I take it personally. You were frustrated with something you paid to have fixed and it broke again in an unreasonable amount of time. The first thing I read is that you were accusing the shop of just taking your money, my point was to make sure you gave them 'all' the knowledge to fix the problem. With the story you told the first time, you had not. I just hate seeing anyone condemned on a public forum without proper evidence. After reading your rant, I see that you had. Either way, I am glad they got it fixed.

Brad, it's not so much the actual mechanic that worked at the shop. It was more the jerk owner that constantly HAS to have the right choice in mind, and that choice always happens to be to buy a new f-ing bike, or don't bother him. He hasn't even acted HUMAN towards me.
I may be spoiled here in Dallas where there are at least 3 very large and very well stocked bike shops and at least 10 others that are very competent. I know other areas of the world are lucky to have a bike shop even close by. My solution for being treated this was was to just buy the tools and not go back to the shop and tell everyone about my experience. I actually go past 3 shops to get to the one I use for parts.

anyway, the bike was there for the first rebuild, but I don't have a way to get it to the shop, so I'm going to have to see about getting it over there via a friend or when I get the wheel back, install it, and roll it, but don't ride to the bike shop to get the realignment. I'd carry it, but it's a bit too hefty for a 2 1/2 mile hike
If the bike was there the first time, the 'shop' should have caught the bent drop outs. I bet they only see a bent axle on a bicycle once a year or less outside of the exception of a bicycle getting run over by a car. This *should* have thrown up a red flag.

Bike looks great! Do you have any before photos so we can appreciate how much work you put into the restoration?