Old 07-24-10, 10:27 AM
Leo H.

Bikes: 1999 RANS Rocket Saturn V; K2 Attack FS MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nigal
I'll probably get run out of here with torches and pitch forks for saying this and PLEASE, do not take this the wrong way but I think a lot of times bicyclists have a chip on their shoulder as if they are just waiting for some driver to wrong them so they can unleash their righteous anger on them. How would I handle the same situation if I were driving a car rather than a bike? I would have said "Nice driving #@@^%*$!" to myself and go on with my life. What you did by rolling up right beside them is the equivalent to getting out of your car, running up to their window and admonishing them. That type of behavior will get you hurt or killed.
No harm. The one thing is, if this had happened to you in a car, you're not as immediately endangered. I probably do have a consciousness about my place in the traffic flow that is tenuous, but it is legitimate. Part of my emotion is no doubt due to having 2 incidents like this in one week after going for close to a year since having anything close like it happen.
For the record, I am a scrupulous cycle commuter and am aware of the tension between taking my lane, or giving ground to speeding traffic as a rule.