Old 07-26-10, 12:30 AM
khatfull
FBoD Member at Large

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Chombi
I noticed many more snipers these past few weeks, and it has almost doubled the price on many things.
I just watched in amazment how a Maillard aluminum freewheel go from 100 to 200 bucks in the last 5 seconds of an auction with programmed sniping bids. It pretty much kills trying to get anything good at eBay for a good price.
It sure didn't cost that much earlier this year. Those prices used to be reserved for the Italian aluminum freewheels.
Well, TDF's done for the year. Hope those weekend snipers with the deep pockets go back to their other hobbies for the rest of the year soon!

Chombi
I don't understand this logic. Whether or not they bid in the first 5 seconds of the auction or the last 5 seconds they still bid an amount that would have had to be beat by you or someone else. Bidding and interest keep you from getting a "good deal"...it's NOT sniping. In that case, if you would have bid $210 you might have won. If you had bid $100 you'd have obviously lost because someone wanted the item MORE, as evidenced by the bid that would have been higher than yours.

If anything, sniping keeps prices lower for bidders....