CPFITNESS
Banned

Bikes: Giant Rapid 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
It's a bit better than your Nishiki, but you may want to hold out for something even nicer. It will be nice, but it's important to know how much you'd pay. What's the asking price?

I think you're better off keeping your Nishiki in its current state and buy a second bike. Building a bike takes a lot of time and money.
Time is a non issue, I'm a personal trainer so i work early mornings starting at 5:30 or 6:30 am and am usually done by 11 at the latest. then I don't work again until 6pm usually so the middle of my day is always free. As for money, I've already invested a few hundred on the nishiki, if i buy this, I would simply be taking all the parts off of the nishiki and putting them on this frame, so no cost involved. I will then probably take the nishiki which I did a half assed rattle can job on and chemically strip it down and sell it like that ready for paint, or attempt a proper rattle can paint job, just for fun.

As for price, asking price for this frame is $35. until I see it in person it's hard to see how many of those blemishes can be buffed out and how many are permananet but regardless, it's much better shape than the nishiki and I actually like this color. I just couldn't find one way or the other what Valite actually is. Is it hi-ten, is it chromoly? more research seems to say that it lies somewhere in between the two

Last edited by CPFITNESS; 07-26-10 at 07:33 AM.