Old 07-26-10, 08:10 AM
khutch
Sumerian Street Rider

Bikes: Dahon Mu P8, Fuji Absolute 1.0

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had an accident earlier this year which I unfortunately remember no details of due to concussion induced memory loss. It is pretty clear that I must have gone over a curb at a pretty good clip though and the bike was undamaged except that both rims had a "kink" in them. It was a fairly sharp bend in a fairly small area of each rim. While I was recovering I had my LBS go over it for any damage I did not notice. It has a carbon fiber front fork and I wanted that checked by someone who knows what to look for. It was also about time for its post delivery checkup anyway. I honestly thought the rims were done for, the bends seemed too sharp to me. What do I know, they told me it was easy to true them up again and they are working fine so far. So yeah, your rims likely can be retrued and I suppose it is a good skill to learn if you want to give it a go. If you can't get it done yourself I don't think you are very likely to mess it up so badly that a local shop can't complete it for you if you should reach the point where you want to give up.

Ken