Kerrvillian

Bikes: Trek 7200 25" frame

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qmsdc15
Good eye.

Kerrvillian, I'm glad the shop guy was able to get that stuck bolt loose, but I think he forgot to adjust the position of your controls after repositioning the stem and barends. Reset them so your wrists are more in line with your forearms when braking. Safer and more comfortable braking.
I'll either do that myself or get it done tomorrow.

UPDATE: Got Trigger inside to make the adjustments. Will be trying it out on my ride this morning.

Second update: I'm not much of a cyclist by the standards of many on here but I did get out to ride. Original intent was to go nine miles but felt pretty lagged after my mid-point turn around. Since I'm starting a new blood pressure medication today I suspect that may have played into the feeling.

The ride: I'm feeling more power. I don't have empirical evidence but feel I was faster, at least on the ride out. I didn't reset the cycle computer before the ride so it's still reading the same average MPH.

More strain on the arms. Made sure to keep the elbows at least partially bent. No hand numbness from the ride. Kept varying my grip position to prevent it.

Positive changes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
VersionB..jpg (101.1 KB, 166 views)

Last edited by Kerrvillian; 07-27-10 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Ride report