View Single Post
Old 07-28-10, 09:45 AM
bmike
Bye Bye

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
blackberry, world phone (cdma, gsm, with removeable sim card)
wordpress for blackberry installed, and a blog connected to it, along with an email addy setup that will forward to the blog in case you need a backup way of accessing it.

you can buy sims for the phone in country - pay as you go. you might not have data plans on it - but the new line of bold (tour) world phones (9650) and most likely the new line of 9800s will have wifi - so you can email and upload from hotel / cafe / hostel.

as for a .txt document - does documents to go not work for you? if you have the premium version you should be able to write new .doc files.
or the memopad? just copy / paste later?
or use bbnotepad?

as to the SPOT - you can set up a share page and send the link to family / friends. i think you can password protect it too.
i love mine.
you can get the new delorme thing - spot and mapping gps in 2 units that work together. custom text messages via sattelite.

and with the spot, you do not download, it uploads to the sat your location and drops it into your page. by accessing your account or your share page is how folks can track you.

i wouldn't use my bb as a nav device, only in a pinch with google maps.

and here's what worked for kent peterson on his tour divide trip this year.