Maelstrom 
Wood Licker

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX 8 27.5 +, 2002 Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
To flow or not to flow

Well today I decided to try my hand at skinnies. Weather was dry and I hadn't hit up the small shore trail this year. My cousin and I hop into section 1 and we get destroyed. It is harder, more technical and more rougher than the other sections. Those who have ridden stunted trails know you need to find your flow or you will never ride much. I just couldn't get it. Partially, my first time on it this year and partially using a hardtail. BEing real laddars they are very rough and uneven and make torquing on a ht difficult. That AND I was basically running a SS 32x17 cause I couldn't shift any easier and there was no point shifting harder. We come to the second exit, and I decide to pull out, too dangerous riding with no flow and just not any fun (stopping every 10 ft sucks ass).

My cousin and I decide to go hit some regular trails. Without flow I can at least ride some normal technical stuff and hit some dh sections. I finally got onto some normal trails, hit some longish steep descents and got my flow back. Rode for a couple of hours and hit some drops. A couple of lessons learned.

1 - skip section 1 until I get back into stunt mode
2 - do a warmup trail to get the spin down
3 - buy a short travel dually

Just my little thing for the day. I was really fuming to start and recovered well.