View Single Post
Old 07-29-10, 01:20 PM
Tome

Bikes: A Jamis Coda Comp hybrid, a Breeze Twiste mountain bike and a Greenspeed recumbent.r

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Don't pay any attention to QMSD15 or whoever. I've been riding for a long time and I changed to a Hybrid bike a few years ago and I love them. I particularly like the Trek FX series. I've been through a FX 5 and am now riding a FX 9.
I've just ordered a custom made bike in the mid $4,000 range and it will be a Hybrid as well. As far as I'm concerned hybrids spoil you. The ONLY disadvantage is top speed. You can't get your upper body as low as on a drop bar bike. When you buy whatever you choose be sure to get the bike fitted! Very important for your comfort. A friend of mine bought a Trek Madone and rides the hell out of it but didn't get it fitted. I took him to one of the local bike shops and the owner just looked at him on the bike and told him the seat was way too low and the seat needed to be more forward. The bike has a selle Anatomica, the most comfortable of saddles and it needed to have the tension adjusted as well. Clipless shoes and pedals and fitting. The two most important things!