Old 07-29-10, 05:34 PM
BikeWNC
Climbing Above It All

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tsl
Um, no. 1,154 feet of climbing. I've said before that it's really flat around here. There's the proof.

Actual time-in-motion was 03:12:02

Actually, the 11th stop was lunch, dockside at the port.

This was the annual Biking the Branches ride where the library bigwigs take the city budget and architectural people around to all 10 neighborhood branches to see how money has been spent and to show need for additional funding.

I just went along for the ride. Since bicycles and libraries go so well together, I'm kinda hoping they'll develop this as a ride for the general public. Or maybe with four smaller loops, one in each quadrant of the city.

I found that I'm going to have to advocate for bike parking for two of my co-workers at another branch. Traditionally staff have been allowed to park their bikes indoors. I've never had an issue with it. This particular branch has no room for expansion so they're reallocating space inside for another office. There goes the bike parking.
The ride time isn't bad for recreational riders but the 11 stops is way excessive. I'd probably cramp up from all the stopping and starting!