Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1
In Oregon and California there are often hiker/biker sites for something like $6.
Here in Australia there are some "bush campgrounds" which are pretty rustic, but are free. I stayed in one ... it consisted of grassy areas where a person could pitch a tent with a few picnic tables scattered around and a long-drop.

This is the one I stayed at ...
http://www.wildwalks.com/camping-in-...ping-area.html

Some of the rest areas also allow people to stay for up to 48 hours. Those rest areas have grassy sections for someone to pitch a tent, and a fairly basic toilet block.

In the UK, farmers can get a campground certification which will allow them to collect a bit of money in exchange for a bit of land on which to pitch a tent. Some were more formal, complete with toilet blocks with showers, others were more rustic (no facilities). When I was there, the usual amount was about 5 pounds which wasn't bad for a campground in the UK.

Rather than calling it "stealth camping", I prefer to call it "bush camping" or "wild camping" or "free camping", and if you do a search on those terms, along with the country you're travelling to, you'll find some ideas.