Old 07-30-10, 09:58 AM
cliffmat
Meander-thal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NeilGunton
I'm curious as to whether you're referring to the Help page - it's true that it is getting rather long. I am thinking about splitting it up and re-writing it a bit to make it easier to use as a reference.
I'll be honest Neil your website's an amazing resource which I've looked at lots now, but the problem was that I'm not the most patient of people. When I came across your site initially I didn't really take the time to navigate it properly nor find out actually its purpose as I found it somewhat user-unfriendly (not a critiscism, far better than any attempt I could make, as I said I'm just rather impatient!). Having spent a lot of time putting together my own site not really wanting to move everything now!

Originally Posted by adamrice
Cliff--you probably know that GPS in itself requires zero data connectivity.
Indeed I did, but as you say its only when you share that information (or do something with it) that it comes into its own. That Cyclemeter app looks pretty cool - can you have it so that you manually add waypoints? I wouldn't want to have my phone on all the time (battery), so would be more keen to turn my phone on a couple of times a day an log a point.
That said I've no idea how frequently I'd be able to access data on my phone, so don't know how effective that'd be...

More and more keen on the SPOT2 tracker for shere simplicity and effectiveness; the only reason I'm so hesitant is because the money's so tight (as am I)...
In th UK to have the device do what I want I'm looking at having to spend ~£150 on the unit, ~£90 annual subscription and ~£35 for the tracking - that's £275 ($430), and those subscriptions only last a year...