View Single Post
Old 07-30-10, 06:24 PM
afilado

Bikes: '93 Bridgestone RB-1, '91 Specialized Allez Epic, '85 Raleigh Team Pro, '78 Andre Bertin, early '90s F. Moser Leader AX , '85 Centurion Equipe, '98 Litespeed Tuscany, '89 Klein Quantum, '80 Nishiki Superbe, '83 Peckham, '84 Fuji Opus III

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
I believe that listings such as this are increasing. The C&V awareness and market are growing and some sellers will lead the way in growing expectations. Testing the market.

More people will be asking for more money. And a number of them will succeed. More money, more attention, bigger market; repeat cycle. Bubble. LOL. For sure. Or at least a leveling off. But that time is not near, I think.

Seriously, I believe that there are many desirable, underappreciated and affordable, if not cheap, bikes yet out there that can support healthy run up in price. Parts, too.

It's interesting to watch and see.

I can't see this as an $1100 bike. In this condition it'll be lucky to go for half that. Probably between $375-500 final sale, I'd say. Lotta cleanup/refurb work.

I've got an '80 Superbe that's in nicer condition than this bike and I'd want less than $1100 but more than $550 to part with it.

Last edited by afilado; 07-30-10 at 10:26 PM. Reason: grammar