Old 07-30-10, 06:42 PM
DX-MAN
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kneez
Very nice but why the Lance Armstrong reference?
Because there's been a visible increase in riders on the roads since LA showed up as TDF winner in '99, and all the ignorant driving masses out there think we're riding cuz we wanna BE him -- they're not capable of thinking any deeper.

Originally Posted by Kneez
I guess I would just like to see a discussion a cycling on the roads that doesn't involve Lance Armstrong/TdF references.
So would I, but as long as drivers use him as the archetype of the modern cyclist, we're stuck with it. (I wonder what they'd think if guys like Freddie Hoffman got more publicity? For those that don't know, Freddie was born 'special', slightly oxygen-deprived, so he has a learning disability; he discovered that riding was something he could do as well as anyone, and has never looked back. The story I read about him several years ago reported that he'd logged somewhere around half a million miles in his lifetime! Rides an old steel frame tourer, wears sweats, uses toe clips, etc. Freddie started his solo odyssey before LA was even BORN!)