View Single Post
Old 07-30-10, 10:16 PM
Tentacle Master
46 bikes and counting...

Bikes: 1992 Trek multitrack 700 sourgrape with red decals, 1992 Trek multtrack 700 (with 1" threadless conversion), 2009 jamis Aurora Elite, 2007 Jamis Cross Country 2.0, 1981 Trek 613, 1980's Fuji "Redlof" folding bike, Iron Horse AT-70 with 48cc motor....

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Indeed, Cannondale touring bikes are popular choices and loved by many, but I suggest you test ride a variety. When I worked a bike shop that sold Jamis I didn't immediately jump on the opportunity to by my Aurora Elite even with the hefty employee discount. I traveled about 400 miles to different major cities that had different brand touring bikes in their shop, not many places stock touring bikes. I test rode 3 different AEs before I finally said yes, and by that time there were only 8 left in my size in al the Jamis warehouses in the country. Don't wanna diss Cannondales, cough cough aluminum cough cough, but do explore all your options. On the other hand if your buddy at that shop can hook you up with a fat discount I would recommend the Touring 2, according to my 2010 list of touring bikes, a bit more bang for your buck. Speaking of 2010, if your gonna get a 2010 touring bike I WOULD HURRY. they don't make that many and they may run out of your size! I bought mine bike around this time of the year too and again there were only 8 left in my size. YOu could wait and see what the 2011 models look like but have your friend call his warehouses and see whats left.