View Single Post
Old 05-02-05, 07:20 PM
Wheel Doctor
Ride it, don't fondle it!

Bikes: Raleigh M80, Bacchetta AERO, Bacchetta GIRO, BikeE, 83' TREK 970, Catrike Speed, IRO Fixie/SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm of the ilk that finds building em' to be as much or sometimes more fun than riding em'.

I like all venues. Recumbent, road, fixed/SS, recumbent trikes, vintage and yes even the alternative venue. I have just finished a stretch cruiser DiamondBack Cruz with ApeHangers a springer fork and 144 spoke chrome wheels. Something different. Last year I/we built a LowRider for my apprentice mechanic kid. Currently building a loaner MTB for when I ask non MTB people to go riding and the say "I don't have an MTB". Future project is a SS MTB. I have most of the parts, I just need a frame. I can get away with it since I own a LBS. I'm one of the few left that when not fixin' a customers I'm racked up with my own. Sometimes I have to take em' home just to make room. I even forget about parts I have scurried away. Bad part...I hate to part with anything I build. When I do I have remorse and wish I still had it. I got in a tiff a coupla years ago, about so many bikes so little room so I sold some....I'm suffering pangs of remorse as I type this.