gerv 
In the right lane

Bikes: 1974 Huffy 3 speed

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tieka
gerv - The couscous/black bean soup is a great idea. I didn't think couscous could be eaten with just water added. Is it still somewhat hard still even with the boiling water?
Add a tad more boiling water to the mix and let it sit at least 5 minutes.

Originally Posted by Newspaperguy
For a quick and easy portable meal, cook up some lentils, add some onions or leeks to the mix, drain, add spices, salt and pepper or hot sauce to taste and add some grated cheese.
If cooking whole grain rice, add tiny French lentils. These should cook in 45 minutes, as should the rice.
Originally Posted by Roody
Does anybody have a good way to carry a LARGE salad in a backpack/pannier? One problem is that pre-dressing wilts the greens.
I take a large salad in a solid Rubbermaid container (I don't wash it in a dishwasher though...). It's a bit bulky in a pannier, but there are several that should easily fit. I put a little olive oil and some pepper on it... I don't have a bit problem with wilting.

This time of year, I forgo lettuce though. Basically, I'm sick of it and my garden lettuce patch has been decimated by the monsoons anyway. Since I do have lots of zucchini from the garden, I cut these up very thinly... so they have about the same consistency as lettuce. So no wilting problem on hot days.