Old 08-04-10, 09:14 PM
folder fanatic
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CabezaShok
Hi, 1st post here, its so awesome to find a folding bike forum with so much knowledge. So I have a Montague Paratrooper frame that id like to build up as a lightweight SS commuter for the streets of L.A. So far my current parts budget is approaching the the price of a Swift Folder. The Swift looks like it folds into a smaller package (not sure tho) which could make it easier to take it with me aboard buses and trains. Does anyone know if LA transit will accept my bagged and folded Montague bike as luggage? My Montague's weight should be well below 25 lbs. (w/ riggid fork) but the size when folded could be a problem?

Anyone?
I live and work in the Los Angeles Metro (MTA) area. If your Montague bike is folded up in the smallest way for that bike and bagged, no one should pay much attention to it. I have seem people lugged some huge size junk aboard buses. The light rail & subway is another matter. Sometimes people still jam their possessions onto the trains, clogging up the aisles, and sometimes they cannot (security is out and about checking for fare payment). I don't much care for taking my folding bikes with me anymore if I can avoid it. Too much crowding & too much hassle. If I do have to take one of them with me, I prefer my Brompton (chosen especially for that reason).