Old 08-06-10, 11:32 PM
Kommisar89
Bottecchia fan

Bikes: 1959 Bottecchia Milano-Sanremo (frame), 1966 Bottecchia Professional (frame), 1971 Bottecchia Professional (frame), 1973 Bottecchia Gran Turismo, 1974 Bottecchia Special, 1977 Bottecchia Special (frame), 1974 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by khatfull
Sell one or two partial projects to finance the rest?

Whatcha missing?
A couple grand

These are long term projects anyway but it's frustrating not to be able to make any progress. But I need new flooring in the house and to remodel the kitchen and bathrooms so any extra cash is going to be funneled off to those not nearly so fun projects.

The '74 Special is actually close to being rideable but still a long way from being in its ultimate form. I just need a Valentino front derailleur in good shape (everyone I find has a worn cage), a few micellanious parts and to build the wheels and put everything together. Ultimately it'll get some braze-ons and a new paint job but that can wait.

The '66 Professional is another story. It still needs quite a few parts but most importantly, it's got a small crank in the headtube lug that needs to be repaired and that will require rechroming which it appears can't be done locally. That one's going to be a lot of work. And money.

I don't really need either bike to be on the road anytime soon. I'm just kind of bumming out tonight.