Old 08-07-10, 09:56 AM
Creakyknees
ride lots be safe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Doggus
My ass hurts. We're going on five years. Specifically the inner thigh where the nerves and vessels start heading down the leg. Oh yeah, and when I go to the poor man aerobars position (or whatever it's called) I last about 1 minute before everything is completely numb. I know no one can help me with this...I just want to share.

Really, has anyone used the MTB saddle - Phenom, to train and race with, on the road? I switched to the Romin (from the Toupe) about 6 months ago. Its turning out to be another fail. Toupe is the closest to no pain I've ridden, till it starts to sag. I'm hoping the Phenom, which is similar shape, is a little more sturdy and will stay solid without the bend that drives me to the brink.

- signed, tired of buying saddles.

any opinons refugees?
I have a similar problem; have not been able to get comfy on the saddle this year. No matter how many tiny fwd/aft adjustments I make.

Then I realized, it's not just about the relationship to the pedal / BB. The hips and the entire power deliver chain are interconnected, so for example if I'm out of whack in my psoas, that affects my hammy tightness.

I need to get back into yoga classes.

Also, I'm a fan of the now discontinued E3 saddle. Anybody have any laying around they don't need?