Old 08-07-10, 02:04 PM
Velo Gator

Bikes: Cervélo S2

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by KiddSisko
Always? Every time? That would be most disheartening. Do you get headaches if you do any other thing outside for over an hour? Just being in the sun and heat? Is your outdoorsy lifestyle new to you? Allergies?

The other issue that people don't often want to talk about is caffeine. As wonderful as it is, it has a dark side, which is that it's addictive. If you don't feed the need, you get a headache. Some are more prone and sensitive to it than others. For years I was a happy caffeine consumer, then something changed and the headaches were increasingly annoying and the demand for caffeine increased. I tried to avoid the obvious, but ultimately I had to cut it all out. The result? No more headaches.
Every time. Edit, sorry, every time on my longer weekend rides. On my daily rides, no, but I don't do quite as much. I'm going to try the electrolyte suggestion next time and see how that goes. I don't do caffeine. I have sinus problems but those are constant... I'm used to that. This headache is pinpointed right between my eyebrows. Cycling is really the only time I'm out in the heat. I run also, but I do it when its much cooler out. I don't get the headaches then.

Originally Posted by umd
Huh, I'd never heard of a Hammer store. That's pretty cool.
Yeah. It's attached to our Trek store. Nice to not have to pay shipping.