aley
Goathead Magnet

Bikes: Surly LHT, Cannondale Caffeine F3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by voldemort
My 57 year old sister in Albuquerque wants to start bike riding, but knows very little about what kind of bike to buy, sizing, etc. Can anybody recommend an LBS that would take her through the whole thing, and sell her the right bike for her needs? She's just looking to cruise around town a little. That's about it. But she has NO idea what to even say in a shop after "I'm thinking of getting a new bike".

Suggestions?
Add another vote for the Kickstand at Menaul and Juan Tabo - they've really impressed me recently. Other local shops I like are Fat Tire Cycles on Montano just east of Edith, Cycle Cave on Menaul west of San Pedro, and Two Wheel Drive on Central west of University. My mom recently bought a bike from Sport Systems on Montgomery west of Louisiana, and she was very happy with how she was treated there, which might be relevant because she's roughly the same age as your sister, and also not any sort of expert cyclist (she probably walked in and said, "I'm thinking of getting a new bike," and let them take it from there.)

Now that I think about it, Albuquerque seems to be blessed with lots of good shops - I can come up with a list of five that I really like, and they're all within a 20-minute ride of my house.