View Single Post
Old 08-10-10, 02:11 PM
canyoneagle

Bikes: Vassago Moosknuckle Ti 29+ XTR, 90's Merckx Corsa-01 9sp Record, PROJECT: 1954 Frejus SuperCorsa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 157 Times in 75 Posts
The bike is packed, shipped, and on its way to its birthplace.

After much to-ing and fro-ing, I have settled on the "Orange Intense" with yellow lettering/highlights. Instead of decals, they will be using their new process to apply the graphics, but will utilize the old font. Cool.

I am also having the rear spacing re-set to 132.5mm to allow easy compatability with 130 and 135mm drivetrains.

The kind folks at Marinoni have sent me a spare set of original decals (at no charge), as well, so I'll have them if I need them for any reason.

When I was picking up the frame box at Campione Cycles (my favorite local shop) the owner offered up a Chris King 1" threaded headset in silver for a great price, so I now have the headset for the build.

I'm pretty sure I will be going with those IRD Defiant cranks in 175mm. Up front, I will most likely go with a Nitto quill to threadless adaptor (I'll have almost no extension from the top of the headset) and a 120mm VO 6 degree stem (flipped), with the VO Porteur bars, and the VO Grand Cru Seatpost.................

Last edited by canyoneagle; 08-10-10 at 02:26 PM.