BicycleAndBikes
Challenged

Bikes: Giant TCR3, Electra Townie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Only started road riding after building a bicycle website

When I was a kid, I used to have a Cobra. It had a plastic number 4 on the front and I had so many stacks doing jumps and stunts that my elbows and knees still bear the scars today. The bike itself was indestructible.

Fast forward to university and I got very excited about a brand new bike someone bought me for Christmas. Wow - it had gears and front suspension - brakes. Yep, it was a Huffy from a department store, but I didn't know then that bikes could actually weigh less than 20kgs.

Joined the local cycling and triathlon club and couldn't understand why everyone snickered when I brought the old huffy (by then, 7 years old and unloved) to the lineup. Did about 6 sprint distance tri's on that bike before one of the coaches at the club insisted I borrow one and it took 3 minutes off my PB on a 10km ride.

For some reason, thought starting a bike website would be a good idea - that was what got me into riding in a group for the first time.
So now ... 1 x 30km ride per week. 1 x 45km per week. And 2 x "towing the kids with trailgator attached" rides per week.

First half ironman planned for 6 months time.