Old 08-13-10, 02:05 PM
The Thin Man 

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 243 Times in 114 Posts
Help pricing out Pinarello Treviso

Gang,

I've been on the hunt for my grail bike now for nearly a year. I've seen a lot but only a few have been worthy enough to make my heart flutter. I found a Pinarello Treviso that has done this and I am interested in getting the groups thoughts.

Here are the details:

- Late 80's vintage Pinarello Treviso. Definitely a Treviso. This was proven (decals, BB confirmation & chainstay bridge).

- Absolutely pristine bike that has had meticulous care and maintenance. It has never been crashed or otherwise abused.

- Bike has been completely stripped and repainted to Pinarello factory specs by Dave Wilburn of Southern California. He also applied an original factory decal kit and then covered everything with a final clear coat. The paint is almost perfect and the chrome has no rust. The decals are flawless. In my opinion, this bike is a work of art.

- Full Campy Centaur Gruppo with exception of the headset (Chris King)
- Wheels - Campy Nucleon Clincher

- The seller is meticulous and has shot some high res, professional looking photos which are located here.

Overall, the seller is fantastic to work with and I get a great vibe from him. The only two problems I see are size and cost. I ride a 54/55cm but I'm starting to question my size (too small?). I will be test riding tomorrow to see if the size is an issue.
The other issue is price. This bike is quite a few hundred dollars than I wanted to spend but, my grail bike is something that will be used often and something I plan on having with no determined date to ever sell.

My big question is... is $1,400 worth the asking price? Your thoughts on this, and any other matter you see, is appreciated.