Old 08-15-10, 08:42 PM
AmericanMade

Bikes: One

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ahsposo
Having driven a 18 wheeler over the road I can state with authority that commercial drivers look upon four wheelers as dangerously stupid and totally untrustworthy. This is demonstrated many times on any truckers workday. Truckers do have a LOT of patience with autos. They can be less tolerant of incompetent fellow truckers.
Having driven an 18 wheeler myself to pay the bills I will agree. Professionals have to compete with amateurs, name another career necessitating that. You have to have a command of the signs, local laws, anticipation, stopping distance......just like a biker, the cars stop on a dime, cruise through stop signs and red lights and assume a command of the road. Few even know what a red yield sign really means. So bikers are more closely aligned to truckers than anyone else as both have to look out for the yahoo texting or being a phone drunk. A collision in a TT or a bike are severe, one because of mass the other because of lack of protection cars have.

Very few car drivers could pass my test on a closed course, they just haven't got the brain for transportation.