View Single Post
Old 05-04-05, 06:14 PM
Terex

Bikes: Specialized 6Fattie, Parlee Z5, Scott Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 24 Posts
I really like the stick-on concept for reading the dials. I have progressive lenses in my regular glasses and just distance prescription in my biking glasses. I, too, have difficulty reading speedo and hrm. I've got terrific Adidas Evil Eye riding glasses with prescription insert, but the insert is quite small - not really enough room for bifocals. The Rudy Project glasses w/ inserts look like the inserts are quite a bit bigger. I couldn't find a pair to try on before buying, though. I bought glasses on-line and had Pearl Vision do lens for insert. I wanted to buy glasses from them, or someone locally (central NJ) but difficult to find stores that know anything about prescription riding glasses(yeh, I was amazed too, Pearl and others carry sports googles, but not the wrap-around glasses for cycling). One place sold Oakley's, which has glasses that can be ground to your prescription, but it's the whole sunglass lens, and costs $400-500. The Adidas were about $225 with 'script. Bought from Jenson. Also, I need a LARGE frame, and the large Evil Eye fits me well.