Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jr59
All i could think of was Beanz and Hillbasher and how they would have like my little ride today.
4 hours of HARD work on a bike.
Believe it or not, I'm a wind lover. I would have enjoyed the ride. I do 40 milers with 30-40 mile headwinds. One ride had 40 mph winds as we were riding on GMR 40 miles 5,000ft (same road as this mtn video in OP). One guy was blown over and knocked out cold. Markadam (poster here was also on the ride) so he can verify my story.

I have videos of the wind. AlexW (also a poster here) can also verify the story. He was supposed to ride with us this day. I love the wind rides, 40 mph winds with one hand, and one on the camera. Check out the trees in the video. When we turnaround, we're doing 22 softpedaling. That's the only point I let Gina upfront. We have our fun with the Santa Ana winds. Never stops me from riding. If we ride on a windy day, you can be sure we'll have 3 or 4 guys hiding behind us.

The wind is a blast, I'll be happy to jump in on any wind rides. I have a ton of hardcore rider friends that won't ride if the forecast says 25 winds. I've talked Gina into riding the wind so many times that she's found that it isn't all that bad (but she hides behind me). She used to think I was crazy but now she knows it's not all that bad and can be fun. We once did a century with 40 mph winds in Brawley, now that was tough, but fun.

Another windy ride..her hair was dancing all over the place on this day, lots of dirt in the air.