Old 08-19-10, 04:50 PM
ss66

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need a bike, any recommendations would be appreciated.

Hi, found this forum while trying to find a good bike for doing some commuting and just in general spinning, riding around, looking for a replacement for my fixie/single speed conversion that I made 5 years ago and was recently stolen ;(
When I made my bike it was much easier to find a good vintage frame on cl (mine was made in Italy) now it's to hard to find something tall (62cm) with the horizontal drop outs, etc so I guess I'm going to have to buy a premade, what I don't want is something made in China, the bikes I saw made in Taiwan seemed better but maybe it was just the few I've looked at. I have about $600 but obviously the less the better, I'm looking for a 62cm, with a flip flop hub, geared about 44-16, with bullhorns and a front brake (I do ride fixed but like the option of free wheel).
So far I've found a Specialized Langster for $600, also looking at an IRO, Dawes SST, and a Mercier Kilo Stripper, the Dawes and the Mercier are on Bikedirect and look kinda crappy, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks