Old 08-21-10, 03:34 PM
meanwhile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AdelaaR
Don't believe the generally accepted nonsense that gripshifts are for newbies because gripshifts are fantastic if you have quality shifters and learn to use them
I can use my gripshifts to shift 8 gears in one pull and they never hickup or autoshift either (no even not on bumps)
Disc brakes aren't needed in any normal biking and thus shouldn't really be on any normal bike since they are mostly heavier, more expensive and more difficult to service.
Contrary to popular belief, they can not give you superior braking power, since if you pull em really hard and your rim stops ... your tyre will drift anyway, right?
I have a set of XT V-brakes with XTR pads and I can assure you that they will stop your wheel DEAD if you pull em hard enough, but the bike will just start drifting.
You may be right about grip shifts, but you have missed the point of disc brakes. (Which is odd, as it has been explained to you before.) Discs matter in the wet, when wet rims reduce the power of rim brakes. How much this matters depends on whether you ride when it is raining.