View Single Post
Old 08-22-10, 05:59 PM
xqwisit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Where Do You Find Larger Frame Bikes?

What an exhausting weekend. The hubby and I went to 6 different LBS in our area and ONLY 1 shop had a frame he could sit on and ride. Unfortunately, it was a VERY entry level Specialized Allez (spelling?). We even went 65 miles out of our way to go to an LBS that carries one of the largest inventories and nothing. Does one just pick a bike brand they like the look of and just order the bike if you can't find anything in your size? One would think there would be bike sizes out there that these shops should stock, no? I see all different shapes and sizes of individuals on thier bikes so my husband being 6'6" tall can't be that uncommon. One thing we did decide upon our excursion to all these shops yesterday is that instead of spending the money I wanted we are going to cut it in half and get him used to the sport and then once he finishes Boston marathon and gears up for his ironman he will have a better understanding of what he wants in a bike (again this may be easier or may be tougher as I'm sure he won't be able to go sit on something). We found a used Scott CR1 Pro at one of the shops who was selling it for one of their sponsored riders. It was a year 2007 and was either a 61cm or 62cm. The owner of the shop said with some adjustment they may be able to make it fit. It almost looked brand new to me and was outfitted with full Shimano Ultegra and Shimao wheels. They were asking $1400... should we pull the trigger? Thanks for all your help guys. Hubby gets frustrated with this kind of stuff (same with shopping for jeans ... haha) when he can't find his size as he knows there are others taller than him and bigger and choices are limited. They always try to custom make a suit or order something without trying it on etc... Glad I don't have that problem...

I had this posted in road cycling and another member thought I should post in here as I may get some insight from some of the taller riders. My hubby is 6'6" as mentioned above and 215lbs and an ex athlete. Any advice would greatly be appreciated. Thank you kindly