Old 08-24-10, 01:44 PM
djkenny

Bikes: Bakfiets, 1999 GT Nomad Hybrid, early 70's Schwinn Cruiser 5, Bridgestone MB-3, Trek 520 Disc, Electra Ticino 8D, Ochsner blue Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have found the new one a bit of a mixed bag. Nice rear wheel lock that now has a chain insert makes up for the shortcomings. The price is down $200 as well. The bike is a steal.

Breezer opted for cheaper grips. I will eventually go with the 09 model's or another better grip.

Breezer opted for cheaper tires. My LBS was smart... they swap Schwalbe Kevlar Marathon. Seems the new model cheapies allowed blow outs to become all too common. Not good with a internal Nexus. I personally find the thicker City Plus from my 09 to be a nicer ride, and perhaps, a little more speedy/better in the corners.

The new Basta lights are less desirable than my prior B&M lights. Well, they are a mixed bag... the front light seems more focused and has a better straight ahead view. The rear light seems more dim, I could have sworn the 09' B&M was more than one LED? The rear cover flew off 3 weeks into commuting over a little crack in the road. Some Loctite at the shop fixed that right up. The auto function on the front light is tricky... I get all kinds of off/on reaction from mere street lights coming up. The B&M would stay on no problem. I have been thinking about seeing if I could get the B&M on trade since these are not as functional. However, if I just opt to turn them on/off instead of on auto... they really are great lights.

The rear wheel cable is just awesome. Always thought Breezer should have done this from the get-go.

I wonder if the new Nexus supplied cranks are a step down or up from the prior model's?

The bell on the new one was a disappointment. I requested the one on the 09 models.

Two areas I think Breezer could advance: double kick stand (this year the kick stand is worse than last, I do not know why?) and an adjustable quill stem.

I love the stuff that has made these bikes so awesome is still a part of the package regardless of lesser tires, a cheaper bell/grips/and in house design seat.
Enclosed chain guard
Nice ride
handy rear clamp rack
good solid brakes
light weight enough for me to carry on the bus and upstairs at school
the Nexus is great. However, I think the option of non internal based gearing is another bonus this year.

Big downer is that the rear frame has been redesigned with a strange circle above the bolt... it looks like a Xtra Cycle conversion is nearly impossible or unlikely on the 2010?