Old 08-25-10, 04:10 PM
SBRDude
Godfather of Soul

Bikes: 2002 Litespeed Vortex, 2010 Specialized Tricross Expert,2008 Gary Fischer Hi Fi Carbon, 2002 Specialized S-Works hard tail, 1990 Kestrel KM 40

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fizzaly
I amazingly enough got a speeding ticket, it was my bad i passed a cop going down a hill he got me 42 in a 30, i was gonna fight it but felt it would be easier to just pay it and forget about it.
There is a steep little hill near my house that is impossible to keep at/under 30 (the posted limit) in a car or on a bike without really riding the brakes. Cops sit at the bottom and write tickets all the time. It's a total speed trap and the only reason to have it at 30 is to write tickets. Anyway, I always slow down in my car, but it never occurred to me to go slow on a bike. My canned excuse to cops (I haven't had to try it yet) is that whatever laws I break when cycling I'm only doing so that I can get the hell off this dangerous part of roadway as quickly as possible. Playing up the safety angle seems like the only reasonable strategy, but like I said, I haven't had a chance to try it. Oh, and yes, I do routinely break some traffic laws when I feel like they're a bit ridiculous. I have never had a problem with cops when doing that.