Old 05-05-05, 09:19 PM
Jaminsky
Sheldon Certified

Bikes: '81 Bianchi road/track conversion, certified by Sheldon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I dont recommend any of you go to Santa Barbara California if you ride a bike and like money in your pocket. One time I was half a block from where I needed to be, so I figured that if I was on the side of the road I needed to be on, no point in crossing over then crossing back half a block later. So I rode the half block in the bike lane at a cruising speed. As I reach my destination and am dismounting I hear "Hey! Get off that bike!", I said to myself "what the f**k?" It was the Po. He proceeded to lecture me about how driving on the wrong side of the road with a bike, was no less of a crime then the same act with a car...amazing. He also told me that he could charge me the full penalty of $250 dollars for running a stop sign (it gets better) and 5, yes, $500 for going through a red light! 500. He continued his lecture on how dangerous the streets were for me because of all the "crazy mexican drivers" down there and how I should know because I'm from San Francisco and "It's the same thing with the Asians up there." Thats right..."the Asians." Police are such shady bombastiquas.