Old 08-27-10, 05:32 PM
SunnyFlorida

Bikes: Sun Miami Trike - 2007

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TurbineBlade
I'd say that's the worst advice I've heard on BF over and over. Crappy plastic poly-tech shirts smell like crap in about 5 minutes and don't breathe worth a darn, so they actually make you sweat and then have to wick something away .

Cotton is great stuff, especially in the summer heat when it gets damp and pulls heat from the body -- I actually pour water on my shirts for this purpose in the heat.

For what it's worth I also wear cotton on my long commute all through the winter. Wool sometimes.
Off Topic -

Totally disagree

I use to ride in plain cotton shirts and they just soak up the sweat and when they can't soak it up anymore than you're swimming in it. Frankly I don't know how you wash your stuff but my wicking t-shirts don't smell.

Also, the wicking t-shirts seem to dry out faster, faster than a cotton t-shirt I would literally have to rinse out at work and hope would dry before I cycled home. The wicking t-shirt I just peel off, hang it on a coat hook in my cube. and long before quitting time, it's bone dry. There's no overpowering sweat smell either.

But hell, if cotton works for you than that's fine. It doesn't work for me.

On topic -

"Find your balls and ride...."

(Errrr....kind of hard to do since I'm a girlie girl but I got the idea.)