Old 08-28-10, 10:10 AM
mulleady
The Metropolis, UK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jur
That's actually a brand new APB, not a TSR. Technically same model frame as mine.

However, this is a much later make, from just before the TSR was introduced, and the quality of Connie's APB is hugely improved over mine - chalk and cheese, as Michael Kater, our Aussie Moulton man puts it. Couple of those improvements are the frame material - whereas mine is chro-moly or whatever cheap gas pipe Pashley had lying out the back, hers is Reynolds 531 - stronger and lighter; AFAIK even the current TSRs are not 531 any longer, only the AMs are as far as my limited knowledge goes. The welding on mine is like blobs of chewing gum, on hers the brazing is, well, perfect. There are other little improvements as well all over. It does not have the unified rear triangle of the TSR; not having ridden a TSR I can't say how much of an improvement that brings; what I can say, is that I don't experience any pedal bob that I am aware of so I'm not sure how important that improvement is.

Michael has another of those new APBs, in black, I am feeling like getting one for myself as well. He asked me $1800 for it. Connie initially chose the black in advance but on seeing the claret one in the flesh, instantly changed her mind.
There are 2 reasons to get the black one:

1) The sheer quality and you only live once.

2) It will make Stevegor more jealous lol!