Old 08-29-10, 06:10 PM
daffonce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Derek Affonce FOXBOROUGH MA TOTAL TIME: 3:37:51 SWIM: 32:13 T1: 4:56 BIKE: 1:27:44 T2: 3:28 "RUN" 1:29:31

When I got off the bike my lower back spasmed, yes that was with 6.2 miles of running to go. I sucked it up and finished it, I was 17 minutes slower than my target. I will have to repeat another time to improve upon this. The run really wasn't a run it was more of a walk with an occasional jog.

Had two events on the bike that added a couple of minutes. 1) I hate a pretty good hole and my seat decided to rotate nose up. So I had to stop and relevel it via brute force de fist. next with 3 miles left 3 people flatted out 2 were changing their tires. the third wasn't. i asked if he was ok, he said yeah. i asked if he had a tube, he said no. i asked if he wanted one, he said yes. i stopped gave him a tube, asked if he had levers he didn't so i gave him my levers, co2, and patch kit to go with the tube and then headed on my way fingers crossed that i didn't flat in the last 3 miles (i still had a tube just no levers). the gentleman was nice enough to find my bike after the race and leave my small bag with co2 levers and patch kit.

Last edited by daffonce; 08-29-10 at 06:18 PM.